5500 EZ in future years if assets decline1 Reply
Top ForumsSolo 401k – 5500-EZ, Solo 401kJune 8, 2022 at 4:18 pm
My solo 401(k) plan filed 5500 EZ the last two years after assets went above $250,000. After some market declines the asset went below the threshold. Do I still have to file a 5500EZ this year or not until assets go above 250,000 again (or the plan is terminated)?
Top ForumsSolo 401k, Solo 401k ContributionsJune 8, 2022 at 11:42 pm
While technically you are not required to file a Form 5500-ez if the fair market value (FMV) of the solo 401k plan dropped below $250,000 as of 12/31 of the prior year, so 12/31/2021 in your case, it is best to continue to file even if you are not required to do so. Reason being, the government may send you a letter asking you to confirm why you did not file.
- How do I get a…3 weeks ago
- I am working on the…1 month ago
- We have filled in the…2 months ago
Related Blog Posts
- The ROBS 401k webinar this…1 year ago
- 1. Find rental properties in…1 year ago
- You may have used up…1 year ago