ForumsReal Estate InvestmentsCombined Real Estate ownership: 401K and Partnership LLC

Forums Solo 401k Real Estate Investments Combined Real Estate ownership: 401K and Partnership LLC

• Combined Real Estate ownership: 401K and Partnership LLC

George Blower replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply
  • Top SubjectReal Estate Investments
    Top ForumsReal Estate Investments

Robert V.
    Top SubjectReal Estate Investments

October 16, 2023 at 7:23 pm

I am looking at purchasing a rental property using some of my 401K assets but not having full 100% ownership in the property. This purchase consideration will be structured using 75% 401K and 25% of a partnership LLC. In this case I understand the 401K has 75% of all expenses and income and the partnership 25%. However, a question came up: Since the partnership has 25% percent ownership does it also have the ability/rights to determining the use of the property 25% of the time?

Robert V.
  • George Blower

Top SubjectDaily Live Webinar,Solo 401k
    Top ForumsDaily Live Webinar, Solo 401k

George Blower

George Blower

Top SubjectDaily Live Webinar,Solo 401k

October 21, 2023 at 11:43 am

Whether the real estate may be used by the partnership will depend on the terms negotiated between the Solo 401k and the partnership, please note that if the Solo 401k owner/participant (or a related person) is an owner of the partnership then the partnership can’t be used by the partnership since real estate owned by the Solo 401k can’t be used by an entity owned by the Solo 401k owner.

Related Blog Posts