July 2, 2022 at 10:51 am
Am I ‘allowed’ to put money from my solo 401k into CD’s or Annuities? Money sits waiting for the next investment property decision and it is making no gain. Is it OK to put this money into 6 month, or a year, etc. CD?Timothy A.
Top ForumsSolo 401k, Solo 401k ContributionsJuly 2, 2022 at 10:54 am
Yes, the solo 401k rules allow for investing in both annuities and certificates of deposit (CD).
The annuity will need to list the solo 401k as both the owner and the beneficiary and the solo 401k participant can be the annuitant.
The CD will need to be titled in the name of the solo 401k plan.
Both investments will also require the use of the solo 401k EIN.
- When I start taking distributions;…4 days ago
- I currently have a solo…4 days ago
- You are currently the custodian…4 days ago
Related Blog Posts
- The ROBS 401k webinar this…1 year ago
- 1. Find rental properties in…1 year ago
- You may have used up…1 year ago