Multiple Backdoor Conversions During Year1 Reply
Top ForumsMega Backdoor Roth Solo 401kMarch 30, 2022 at 7:59 pm
I want to make monthly contributions to my After Tax 401k account and then convert them immediately to my Roth 401k via the conversion form. Is this alright or do I have to do it in a single lump sum per year? I would essentially be filling out 12 conversion forms throughout the year. I assume this would all be reflected on a single 1099-R?
Top ForumsSolo 401k, Solo 401k ContributionsMarch 31, 2022 at 2:00 am
Thank you for your post!
This confirms that one may make multiple conversions from a voluntary after-tax solo 401k sub-account to a Roth Solo 401k sub-account throughout the year.
To ensure a proper paper trail, each conversion is documented by submitting a separate online form submission (https://www.mysolo401k.net/learn/forms/) and then the total amount of such conversions are reported on a single 1099-R.
- Great news! The previously proposed…4 days ago
- Hello, a couple questions regarding…1 week ago
- <div>hello,</div> I read the following…2 weeks ago
Related Blog Posts
- The ROBS 401k webinar this…1 year ago
- 1. Find rental properties in…1 year ago
- You may have used up…1 year ago