ForumsCryptocurrencyYouTube Q&A – How to Complete Coinbase Crypto Solo 401k Account Application

Forums Cryptocurrency YouTube Q&A – How to Complete Coinbase Crypto Solo 401k Account Application

• YouTube Q&A – How to Complete Coinbase Crypto Solo 401k Account Application

0 Reply
  • George Blower

Top SubjectPrivate: My Community Webinars,Solo 401k
    Top ForumsPrivate: My Community Webinars, Solo 401k

George Blower

George Blower

Top SubjectPrivate: My Community Webinars,Solo 401k

November 30, 2021 at 7:25 pm

We received the following question in response to the following video posted on “How to” Guide – Open a Coinbase Account for Self Directed Solo 401k Full Video link in Description

Please see our response below:

QUESTION:

In the application, what is a typical “Name of Solo 401K Plan”, is this the business name or a name of my choosing separate from the business name under which the solo 401K is established?

RESPONSE:

Investing IRA and 401k retirement funds in cryptocurrency is one of the top use cases for our Solo 401k clients.

When completing the Coinbase application, you will need to provide the name of the Solo 401k plan so that account is opened under the name of the plan (not the name of your self-employed business; note: you will also need to provide the EIN for the Solo 401k).

On our application to open a Solo 401k, you will provide the name that you wish to assign to the Solo 401k which is two words, and then the word “Trust” (e.g. Roosevelt Avenue Trust). The name can be derived from the name of your business but does not have to relate to the name of your business.

We will then draft the documents to establish the plan under the name that you choose (as well as obtain an EIN for the Solo 401k as part of the Solo 401k establishment process).

Related Blog Posts