Effective as of April 15, 2021
Our mission is to connect professionals so that they can connect with other members, and learn and grow from each other. Our services are designed to promote economic opportunity for our members by enabling you and thousands of other professionals to meet, exchange ideas, and learn.
You are responsible for User-Generated Content that you post. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any UGC.
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16. To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be at least 16 or older; (2) you will only have one My Community account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by My Community from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for My Community to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your profile) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites, apps, and contact information. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
When you share information on the My Community, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, posts, links to blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on My Community and can remove it with or without notice.
We may change or end any Service or modify our prices prospectively.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services.
We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted. My Community is not a storage service. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law.
Other Content, Sites and Apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk.
Others may offer their own products and services through the My Community, and we aren’t responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the My Community, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. My Community generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news.
My Community may help connect Members offering their services (career coaching, accounting, etc.) with Members seeking services. My Community does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You must be at least 18 years of age to offer, perform or procure these services. You acknowledge that My Community does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) My Community is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) My Community does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services, and (3) nothing shall create an employment, agency, or joint venture relationship between My Community and any Member offering services. If you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses.
Similarly, My Community may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events. You agree that (1) My Community is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) My community does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services, (3) My Community does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on the My Community.
My Community reserves the right to limit your use of the My Community site, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. My Community reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts or My Community Policies).
Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
My Community reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. My Community, and “in” logos and other My Community trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of My Community.
Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
My Community AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, My Community AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS My Community HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), My Community, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this section are part of the basis of the bargain between you and My Community and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if My Community or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
We can each end this Contract, but some rights and obligations survive.
Both you and My Community may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback; and
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, you and My Community agree to resolve it in California courts using California law.
For others outside of Designated Countries, including those who live outside of the United States: You and My Community agree that the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services.
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that My Community has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that My Community may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is by email.
My Community “Dos and Don’ts”
My Community is a community of professionals. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” along with our Community Policies limit what you can and cannot do on our Services.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the My Community in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on My Community, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of My Community;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of My Community, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “My Community” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by My Community without our express consent.
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without My Community’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without My Community consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the My Community Community Policies or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
Complaints Regarding Content
Contact information for complaint about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
How To Contact Us
Our Contact information. Please email us at [email protected]